Visit and Conference of Carlo Petrini in Brussels
Outstanding news : On Wednesday 18th October, all Slow Food Convivia in Belgium will welcome Carlo Petrini, our emblematic President and Founder of Slow Food.
Together with other speakers, Carlo will participate to a conference entitled "Towards a common food policy, new voices are being heard!” whose objective is the promotion of truly sustainable food systems in Europe.
This conference will take place in one of the most representative Slow Food venues in Brussels, the Marché des Tanneurs and will be followed by a discussion and debate between Carlo, representatives from Belgian Convivia, Presidia, producers and of course, you all, members and sympathizers.
And of course, these producers as well as the Convivia will not come empty-handed ... many products emblematic of our country or our neighboring countries will be offered for tasting, amongst which :
- beers from the Traditional Lambic presidia
- Honey from the Black Bee Honey presidia
- the mythical raw milk Herve Cheese presidia
- oysters and algae from the Presidia "Wadden Sea Traditional Fisheries in the Netherlands”
- raw milk cheese by Robert Paget, producer and manager of Convivium Kamptal, Austria
- and many more surprises!
In short, this event is a must. Thus don’t hesitate to show up.
From 16H00 to 18H00: Lecture by Carlo Petrini
From 18H00 to 20H00: Get together with farmers, producers and Convivia leaders.
Marché des Tanneurs
Rue des Tanneurs, 60A